Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Most shots you ever took at one deer?

Go down 
+8
TheRomer
LawCoBowhunter
Robert
mathewsguy
Rev. Juan
wacker
30pointbuck
Dave
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Most shots you ever took at one deer? Empty
PostSubject: Most shots you ever took at one deer?   Most shots you ever took at one deer? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:21 pm

OK time to fess up... What's the most shots you ever took at one deer? I'm talking the same deer on the same hunt. I'll go first... It was several years ago and I had a yearling was out in a field. I did not have a rangefinder or binos with me and of course I thought it was bigger than a yearling. Anyway I guessed on the yardge and let one arrow go. A miss. Got time to nock another. Another miss. Oh boy. Well the deer is still there. Might as well pull another one out of the quiver and let er rip. You guessed it, another miss. OH geeez... Maybe I should pack it in. Well I finally was sure about the yardage and got the job done on the FOURTH arrow. It found the boiler room and she went about 35 yards and expired. So for me it is 4 shots with the 4th ending on a kill. I'm not to proud to admit it. Let hear if anyone else has a similar story to mine...
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Most shots you ever took at one deer?   Most shots you ever took at one deer? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:24 pm

My story is similar to yours Dave, exept it took 3 shots.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Most shots you ever took at one deer?   Most shots you ever took at one deer? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:25 pm

You can include firearms stories as well...
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Most shots you ever took at one deer?   Most shots you ever took at one deer? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:19 pm

In '91 I hunted a corner of a field for the third evening straight cause this field was HOT with buck coming in. This day one came in to what I guess at 30 yards. I pulled my Bear whitetail hunter bow back, took aim and shot right under him. With the arrow wacking the ground on the far side the buck jumped and moved closer. So I knocked another and let that one fly. This time I barely grazed his brisket and the deer jumped moving even closer. Now I'm all jittery and tweek the one pin site to the 20 yard mark. The buck is still standing there but he's convinced the threat is on the other side of him. So I draw and put that one right through the heart. He runs towards me and piles up trying to get over the stone wall about 20' from my tree. After many years of trying that was the day I killed my first archery whitetail buck.
Back to top Go down
Rev. Juan

Rev. Juan

PostSubject: Re: Most shots you ever took at one deer?   Most shots you ever took at one deer? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:24 pm

It was 2 shots on a small buck!! 1st was chip shot at 15yds Suspect . He ran out to 40yds & I called him back in to 20yds & affraid I just grazed him on the back scratch so I went home mad very mad.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Most shots you ever took at one deer?   Most shots you ever took at one deer? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:35 pm

I had a hunt a few years ago where I had 4 arrows in my quiver and wish there had been 5. I was setting there in the stand and the woods came alive the deer starting running in and standing I got very excited had a big doe 20 yards smoked her with the first arrow then heard grunting. My heart startiong beating fast nice buck came in to 35 yards and I fumbled around getting another arrow nocked got a shot of hit a limb. Need les to say he was not leaving because of all the does around me there where something like 9 of them including the one I shot. I got 2 more shots off at the buck but my nerves where shot and never connected. Then it happeded he happened to have a scrape 15 yards from my stand what does he do but walk out to it and start ripping it up and me in my climber with no more arrows I almost tossed my bow out of the stand. That was about 6 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Most shots you ever took at one deer?   Most shots you ever took at one deer? EmptyFri May 28, 2010 7:30 am

For archery just two arrows but for gun it's different. I was 16 and my dad had let me take his 1100 one morning. Had a deer come in a little ways off and I couldn't get him stopped so I started shooting. I emptied 5 slugs at that running buck and don't believe I ever came close.
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: Most shots you ever took at one deer?   Most shots you ever took at one deer? EmptyFri May 28, 2010 11:43 pm

With a gun 2...Bow 4...
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Most shots you ever took at one deer?   Most shots you ever took at one deer? EmptySat May 29, 2010 3:27 am

2 with a gun and got him

and 5 with a bow and never did get her
Back to top Go down
TRR

PostSubject: Re: Most shots you ever took at one deer?   Most shots you ever took at one deer? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:33 pm

It happened in North Dakota on the Mouse River around 1986. The Mouse is a WMA just north of Minot 30 or so miles south of the Candian border. One of my first bow hunts, my very first shot at a buck. (excuse) I had gotten lost walking in and finally just sat down on the ground. I poured Doe in Heat all over my gloves boots pants(LOL) Just after daylight a a huge buck entered the stand of aspen trees I was sitting in. I look down to knock an arrow and my arrow rest is missing so I pick a stick up off the ground and shove it through the hole in my riser. The buck comes well within range and he is sporting a 150"+ rack. I pull back release 3" over his back. nock another arrow same thing he runs out to around 30 yards I shoot and by the time the arrow makes it to him he has jumped my string. 3 shots not a hair.

All I could do is sit there and watch the big rack and rearend of the buck disappear into the next clump of trees. The image of it still haunts me to this day. Ive vowed not to ever be so unprepared again and very few that have been within bow range have gave me the slip.

Details
Back to top Go down
Big Sexy

Big Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Most shots you ever took at one deer?   Most shots you ever took at one deer? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 6:30 am

It was 5, yes 5 with a bow. I have good reason though.... I was bow hunting several yrs ago and I had a small yearling come by with a broke front leg. Being I had an antlerless tag I felt it my obligation to put this animal down, not to mention it would be good eating. Problem was it never cam in and present a shot. So I took the shot I had at 50 yds, through brush. A shot I would never take normally. To make a long story short. 5 shots only three connected and onle one of the three that connected was a "good" shot to finally put thie poor animal out of his misery.
Back to top Go down
shedaddict

shedaddict

PostSubject: Re: Most shots you ever took at one deer?   Most shots you ever took at one deer? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:34 pm

Well this is no secret in my area as I think everyone in the county heard me. It was back in 2001. opening day of firearm season. It was just breaking daylight when a doe appeared in an opening and right behind her was a nice 9 point buck. About 40 yards away and so I pulled up put it on him and fired, Missed, Fired again, Missed, fired again, Missed. Long story short after 20 shots and hadnt touch him the doe finally ran up on the hill and he followed right behind her. I had 2 shells left and figured if i was gonna get him id have to get down and stalk him. I got down started sneaking up the hill and walked right up on him. I shot and finally dropped him and shot him again to finish him off. So all in all I have no clue why these deer stood around long enough for me to miss 20 times. 22 shots to fianlly get him. Everyone in the area heard the shots, said it sounded like a war lol!
Most shots you ever took at one deer? NicolesPics185
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Most shots you ever took at one deer?   Most shots you ever took at one deer? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 9:19 pm

Shocked
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Most shots you ever took at one deer?   Most shots you ever took at one deer? EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:28 am

I liked the story shedaddict. I'm not only suprised by how many shots were taken but most don't carry that much ammo! lol! Good conversation to go with that mount. Cool
Back to top Go down
shedaddict

shedaddict

PostSubject: Re: Most shots you ever took at one deer?   Most shots you ever took at one deer? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 11:23 am

LOL I learned my lesson long before that incident, Carry lots of ammo Somedays you just cant hit anything. That why I shoot a Muzzleloader now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most shots you ever took at one deer?   Most shots you ever took at one deer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Most shots you ever took at one deer?
Page 1 of 1