Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Favorite wild game dish

Go down 
+4
mathewsguy
Robert
wacker
TRR
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TRR

Favorite wild game dish Empty
PostSubject: Favorite wild game dish   Favorite wild game dish EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:23 pm

I know this isn't the cooking forum but thought it could fit here too.

Whats your favorite wild game dish and a short recipe.

My absolute favorite would be what we call in these parts, freshly killed camp meat (small doe) cooked over a open grill with Kingsford charcoal.

My second is Chili. I normally have 1 deer processed into jerky meat 1/4" thick slices. I marinate in Dales and cook a big mess of it on the grill chop it into small pieces add beans stewed tomatoes peppers and lots of spice. I can taste it now!

I'm hungry lets hear about some good eats.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Favorite wild game dish   Favorite wild game dish EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:13 am

My favorite is some fresh inside elk loins cooked over a bed of hot coals at camp after a hard day of packing. I'll tell you it's a treat after eating a weeks worth of freeze dried grub and bacon/peanut butter begals. rendeer

Favorite wild game dish DSC04042
Back to top Go down
TRR

PostSubject: Re: Favorite wild game dish   Favorite wild game dish EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:48 am

That looks delicious!
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Favorite wild game dish   Favorite wild game dish EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:14 pm

I love some back straps on the grill. My wife would say it's smoked Salmon I bring back from Lake Michigan
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite wild game dish   Favorite wild game dish EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:17 pm

fresh backstraps are the best. Nothing like getting them fresh and cooking them over a open flame. Ok great now im hungry season needs to hurry up and get here
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Favorite wild game dish   Favorite wild game dish EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:05 pm

wacker wrote:
My favorite is some fresh inside elk loins cooked over a bed of hot coals at camp after a hard day of packing. I'll tell you it's a treat after eating a weeks worth of freeze dried grub and bacon/peanut butter begals. rendeer

Favorite wild game dish DSC04042

wacker you get extra points for posting the pic. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite wild game dish   Favorite wild game dish EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 6:56 pm

Adam that sure does look tasty Very Happy

Ill have to go with deer tacos to be my fav.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Favorite wild game dish   Favorite wild game dish EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:43 pm

Looks great. Smile
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite wild game dish   Favorite wild game dish EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:09 pm

Ya Wacker they look great. I think elk steaks is my favorite wild game
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Favorite wild game dish   Favorite wild game dish EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 9:08 am

Thanks All

My second and most oftem cooked here would be to mix up all the stuff below and merinade some diced deer in it. When I butcher I mix some up in a ziplok and freeze it like that. Add some fresh onions/peppers and cook over an open flame in one of them grills like the elk makes it a great meal. Very Happy

Favorite wild game dish DSC04166
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Favorite wild game dish   Favorite wild game dish EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 9:35 am

Great pic. Looks like you have an amazing house with lots of character...
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite wild game dish   Favorite wild game dish EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 9:33 pm

Man Wacker I'm going to have to make a trip up north and eat dinner at your house some time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Favorite wild game dish   Favorite wild game dish EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:16 am

The wife would say she doesn't like wild game and she's even into that stuff. queen I think it's better to grill it hot and fast.

CA, give it a try...it shorter than that drive. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite wild game dish   Favorite wild game dish Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite wild game dish
Page 1 of 1