Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Picked up some more ground, ?????'s tho

Go down 
+4
Snivs
mathewsguy
TheRomer
recon33alpha
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheRomer

Picked up some more ground, ?????'s tho - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picked up some more ground, ?????'s tho   Picked up some more ground, ?????'s tho - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 10:14 pm

That is a great plan to manage it. even if there isnt that many big bucks right now there will be if you stick to the plan.

That is great you are the only one with permission to hunt now you can do what you want and the way you want

Id make some stricked rules for your buddies as well of your own.
Back to top Go down
recon33alpha

recon33alpha

PostSubject: Re: Picked up some more ground, ?????'s tho   Picked up some more ground, ?????'s tho - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 9:14 am

TheRomer wrote:
That is a great plan to manage it. even if there isnt that many big bucks right now there will be if you stick to the plan.

That is great you are the only one with permission to hunt now you can do what you want and the way you want

Id make some stricked rules for your buddies as well of your own.

The rules are for all that hunt the property. If someone doesn't like them, then they don't go. Opening weekend it is me and 3 of my cousins, Doe's won't be a problem and they are as excited about managing it.

The biggest debate is if a 130+ walks by and we don't have a Doe yet???? Even for me that would be hard to pass up! But I have to stick to the rule, or else, someone shoots a big buck and never returns to take a Doe! It will pay off in the long run, and as I get to know the landowner we will be able to improve the properties with future plans of a cabin and box blinds already in the works.

Another idea if all goes as planned is to host a youth hunting weekend next year. The short term goal is to have at least 3 box blinds built for next season, these are great for taking youngin's huntin, as you well know Mike.

And did I mention the Turkey and great small mouth fishing!!!!

Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Picked up some more ground, ?????'s tho   Picked up some more ground, ?????'s tho - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:01 pm

sounds like it has it all cheers
Back to top Go down
recon33alpha

recon33alpha

PostSubject: Re: Picked up some more ground, ?????'s tho   Picked up some more ground, ?????'s tho - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:45 pm

Camoed Assassin wrote:
Congrats on the new job....I guess. I probablly would've held off till after the season Very Happy . And a BIG THANKS to you and the others who put their lives on the line for freedom. Hope everything works out for ya man.

Yeah tell me about it!!! Hardly anything to do all summer then right before season whammo!!! Wonder what the reaction is going to be when I put in for days off to hunt within the first week of employment???? lol. This job is temporary, I'm working for my second cousin, until things slow down in November, and HE knows my hobbies!
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Picked up some more ground, ?????'s tho   Picked up some more ground, ?????'s tho - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 7:05 pm

I like all of the rules. I agree 100% with the doe first. The 130 class deer should not be a problem unless the guy before you shot everything that moved. You have to start somewhere and if that means not taking any bucks for a few years becuase they don't meet the 130" rule then it will be worth it. I wish everyone had the same mentallity as you. If we did this on our farm then we would see alot more deer in the upper age class but it is hard to do when everyone you hunt with is old school. Sounds like you are on the right track just stick to your guns. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
recon33alpha

recon33alpha

PostSubject: Re: Picked up some more ground, ?????'s tho   Picked up some more ground, ?????'s tho - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:23 pm

All corn has been picked!! The tables have turned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picked up some more ground, ?????'s tho   Picked up some more ground, ?????'s tho - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Picked up some more ground, ?????'s tho
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2