Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Fall on the mind

Go down 
+5
shehuntsva
oregonzach
MOOSE
Dave
Robert
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Robert

Robert

Fall on the mind Empty
PostSubject: Fall on the mind   Fall on the mind EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 10:11 am

I know it's still turkey season and I have about 10 days left in mine but I have fall on my mind. I'm already wanting to be up a tree looking out over the woods and fields and hoping Mr Big Buck shows himself. 3D season and scouting will keep the summer busy but nothing takes the place of climbing up a tree on a cool October morning. Looking forward to this season as I've got a new peice of land to hunt and I'll be heading up to northern Indiana for my first hunt up there. Got a few other things that are in the works and hopefully will have many great hunts ahead. I've made sure I have 2.5 weeks of vacation time for deer season and if I handle it right I'll be able to take several 3 and 4 day trips.

Here it is the day before May and I've already got buck fever really bad. I'm in for a long summer affraid
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Fall on the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall on the mind   Fall on the mind EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 11:09 am

You and me both on the buck fever. Not so much on the vacation time Sad
Back to top Go down
MOOSE

MOOSE

Fall on the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall on the mind   Fall on the mind EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 11:15 am

I bought the new realtree raodtrips dvd the other day and it had some good deer hunts on it, and I got the EXACT same feeling. I'm really excited to start scouting and preparing for the season
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

Fall on the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall on the mind   Fall on the mind EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 2:18 pm

I hear you Robert, I'm already getting buck fever and its spring! Long summer is right. Thats just the way I am, can't ever enjoy what Ihave now (turkey season) because I'm looking ahead to bigger things on the horizon.
Back to top Go down
shehuntsva

shehuntsva

Fall on the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall on the mind   Fall on the mind EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 2:39 pm

I feel ya' for sure. If I had that much vacation time for hunting I would be biting at the bit too.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Fall on the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall on the mind   Fall on the mind EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 5:28 pm

same here, ready to go
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

Fall on the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall on the mind   Fall on the mind EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 8:12 pm

This is how every year is. I too use my vacation mostly for deer hunting. Since I did not take time for a Missouri bird, I have 23 days of vacation. The way I figure I could take a month off but I bet the boss won't let that happen.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Fall on the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall on the mind   Fall on the mind EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 8:45 pm

bullwinkle wrote:
This is how every year is. I too use my vacation mostly for deer hunting. Since I did not take time for a Missouri bird, I have 23 days of vacation. The way I figure I could take a month off but I bet the boss won't let that happen.

I checked into that as well. I have 8 weeks this year and wanted to take November off but they axed that. My wife gets 4.5 weeks so I spend that time with her and keep 3.5 for myself. I've used about a week of it already with going to Kansas and ATA and such. I would have saved it if I could use a big chunk all in a row. Probably would have gone from the 3rd week in October to the 3rd week in November. Oh well.

You are set on deer hunting time though. That's sweet.
Back to top Go down
mibigbuckhunter

mibigbuckhunter

Fall on the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall on the mind   Fall on the mind EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 8:54 pm

I think if you carry the fever it stays with you all year long. Not a bad thing to be sick like that.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

Fall on the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall on the mind   Fall on the mind EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 9:56 pm

I hear ya. Fall cannot come fast enough!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fall on the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall on the mind   Fall on the mind Empty

Back to top Go down

Fall on the mind
Page 1 of 1