Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

hunt by yourself or with someone?

Go down 
+9
30pointbuck
Camoed Assassin
fullrut
TheRomer
wacker
Indiana_buck_buster
Bowhunter83
buckbuster217
Justintohunting
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

hunt by yourself or with someone? Empty
PostSubject: hunt by yourself or with someone?   hunt by yourself or with someone? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 4:02 pm

How do u normally hunt.. Im normally by myself but this year the wife is going so its gonna be a liitle different..I have shot my first deer when i was 12 with my dad and have shot the rest by myself..Just wondering if anyone perfers to have company or not..
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: hunt by yourself or with someone?   hunt by yourself or with someone? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 4:36 pm

I normally hunt alone but I do have one farm that a buddy has permission to hunt too so we hunt at the same time, Its nice to have someone else out there to share the experiences with but I like the solitude of doing it alone too, its really hard to find a hunting partner that does things the same as you, ie: scent control, how long you stay out etc...., plus I've had acouple of "friends" who thought once I took them hunting it was ok to bring the whole tribe the next time they went, so the majority of my hunting is done alone
Back to top Go down
Bowhunter83

Bowhunter83

PostSubject: Re: hunt by yourself or with someone?   hunt by yourself or with someone? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 12:07 am

I've deer hunted by myself for the last 8 years, my fiance has gotten into hunting this last year so she was in the blind with me a few times and thats the first time in a long time i've had someone with me. Otherwise i'll hunt my farm 3 hours away and with it being almost 1000 acres i'll run into a cousin or 2 but i generally dont know they are there till i here them shoot or call ahead of time. Although we got together before and had 5 of us gun hunting and never once had a problem. There are only 2 entrances so it'd be easy to see if they were there. But we'd normally get together afterwards and have a beer or 6 while gutting.
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: hunt by yourself or with someone?   hunt by yourself or with someone? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 12:57 am

Bow hunting whitetail I'm a loner. Gun hunting I usually go out with my pops also with turkey.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: hunt by yourself or with someone?   hunt by yourself or with someone? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 1:20 pm

What ever it takes. I've driven solo 35 hours out and 35 hours back to hunt 5 days when my partner backed out last minute.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: hunt by yourself or with someone?   hunt by yourself or with someone? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 4:14 pm

if your talking on stand with ya then im by myself most of the time unless the kids are with me. but if you mean in the same woods than im with someone 90% of the time.

its nice to share the memories with someone but i wont hesitate to make some for myself if it gets me out in the woods
Back to top Go down
fullrut

PostSubject: Re: hunt by yourself or with someone?   hunt by yourself or with someone? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 5:46 pm

I almost always hunt by myself and prefer it that way.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: hunt by yourself or with someone?   hunt by yourself or with someone? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 7:33 pm

With a cameraman. I think I only went out deer hunting once by myself last year during deer season. Can't stand self filming. Go by myself a sometimes turkey hunting, it's alot easier to self film a turkey hunt in a blind.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: hunt by yourself or with someone?   hunt by yourself or with someone? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 9:21 pm

wacker wrote:
What ever it takes. I've driven solo 35 hours out and 35 hours back to hunt 5 days when my partner backed out last minute.

dude i feel bad for ya did u at least shoot /see something
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: hunt by yourself or with someone?   hunt by yourself or with someone? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 12:20 am

I hunt alone.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: hunt by yourself or with someone?   hunt by yourself or with someone? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 10:14 am

Justintohunting wrote:
wacker wrote:

dude i feel bad for ya did u at least shoot /see something

Seen lots of game so it was time well spent. Ended up shooting a mulie buck on the last day.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: hunt by yourself or with someone?   hunt by yourself or with someone? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 3:15 pm

Little bit of both. I don't mind hunting with others but I enjoy sharing the hunt with friends
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: hunt by yourself or with someone?   hunt by yourself or with someone? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:36 pm

Sometimes with cameraman...... as often as I can. but have gone alone a lot over the years too

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: hunt by yourself or with someone?   hunt by yourself or with someone? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:14 am

Mostly by myself.If I do hunt with someone I try to make sure they are on the same page as me,or skill level.
Back to top Go down
boneheadz

boneheadz

PostSubject: Re: hunt by yourself or with someone?   hunt by yourself or with someone? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:46 am

I cover alot of territory.. I blackpowder in the kiamichi mountains in s.e. Oklahoma, then up to s.e Kansas to bow hunt the rut, then to north central missourri for rifle. I do all that solo. I rifle hunt in north east Oklahoma with my son and last year with my daughter too. I agree it's hard to find someOne who hunts the same way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hunt by yourself or with someone?   hunt by yourself or with someone? Empty

Back to top Go down

hunt by yourself or with someone?
Page 1 of 1