Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Waterfowl Hunters

Go down 
+2
Bowhunter83
kkleve
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kkleve

kkleve

Waterfowl Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Waterfowl Hunters   Waterfowl Hunters EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 3:09 pm

How many of you guys are waterfowl hunters, im looking to start this year, and come use some good advice on it, i have never been around it before not too many in my area that i know of do it. I really want to try it, i hear its a good time and a good challenge. any help would be appreciated
Back to top Go down
Bowhunter83

Bowhunter83

Waterfowl Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfowl Hunters   Waterfowl Hunters EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:34 pm

Well I guess first thing I would ask is are you going after duck or goose? Field hunt or water hunt, lots of possibilities. Just make sure as with deer hunting youhave good equipment and at least get some good practice in. I go every couple of years with a guide that I've been going with since he started over 12 years ago, when he was charging 30 bucks a gun! Now his price is about 120 which still isn't bad for a day of hunting. But that's what I would recommend doin first is go with a guide/outfitter to make sure you'll even like it, I love it, getting a flick of 500+ geese over head is a rush comparable to shooting that big buck. Anymore questions feel free to email me at address below.
Back to top Go down
kkleve

kkleve

Waterfowl Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfowl Hunters   Waterfowl Hunters EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:38 pm

Thank you, i will most likely hunting both of them this year and will most likely be on a river hunting them, i will have to try to find a guide, i have a feeling i will love it, i havent found a form of hunting that i dont like yet.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

Waterfowl Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfowl Hunters   Waterfowl Hunters EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:08 pm

i too want to try my hand at waterfowl hunting.. Been wanting to try it for quite some time just dont have anyone to show me the ropes.... like you said i havent found a form of hunting i dont like..lol i even love mushroom hunting..
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

Waterfowl Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfowl Hunters   Waterfowl Hunters EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 3:29 pm

I've done quite a bit of duck hunting on the rivers in central indiana, but since I got bit with the deer bug I
don't get out much anymore. The FWA's get hit pretty hard, so unless you have private land to hunt I'd suggest getting a boat and setting up on the river. It is a lot of fun, I'm going to try to get my boat in tip top shape in the next month or so and sell it...but I might have to take it out a "last hunt" (or two!)
Back to top Go down
kkleve

kkleve

Waterfowl Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfowl Hunters   Waterfowl Hunters EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 4:00 pm

yeah im not a fan of crowded hunting areas i woild rather be alone then surrounded
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Waterfowl Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfowl Hunters   Waterfowl Hunters EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 6:14 pm

I've hunted ducks a couple times but the area was just too many other hunters, to be comfortable and i never returned.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Waterfowl Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfowl Hunters   Waterfowl Hunters EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 10:06 pm

kkleve wrote:
Thank you, i will most likely hunting both of them this year and will most likely be on a river hunting them, i will have to try to find a guide, i have a feeling i will love it, i havent found a form of hunting that i dont like yet.

It's a blast, you'll love it. I just got into it a few years ago and I plan on doing alot more of it this year. We have hooked up with a waterfowl nut and that's all he does. We are probablly gonna put out a waterfowl DVD with the footage we got last year and what we will get this year. It was alot different trying to film but a blast and I think we got it down now. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Waterfowl Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfowl Hunters   Waterfowl Hunters Empty

Back to top Go down

Waterfowl Hunters
Page 1 of 1