Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

hung my stand today

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

hung my stand today Empty
PostSubject: hung my stand today   hung my stand today EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 4:35 pm

went out today and looked at the new property i have permission to hunt now.. It looks like good terrian and deer country but no deer sign.. It has been dry lately which could had been the reason for no tracks... I found one area with one track in it on the logged road they have.. There is a spot where two ridges come out of a bottom and meet at the top of another ridge.. That is where i put my stand.. Now there is a big bottom that runs the back of the property and thats were the landowner said he shot a nine during rifle season last year.. With it being rifle season i would say he was pushed there by other hunters but i do not know.. I set up at a good vantage point but until the leaves fall and i can see what is what then i will be staying at the top of those two ridges.. What would you do for early season.. Top of the ridge or the big bottom..
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

hung my stand today Empty
PostSubject: Re: hung my stand today   hung my stand today EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:30 pm

This time of year I'd hunt between the food and the bedding area. Since you didn't see any sign then I'd stay close to the food
Back to top Go down

hung my stand today
Page 1 of 1