Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

found him dead out shed hunting

Go down 
+7
Tall Tine
Joe
TheRomer
Dave
Darius
littleslink
mathewsguy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

found him dead out shed hunting Empty
PostSubject: found him dead out shed hunting   found him dead out shed hunting EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 8:45 am

Hey guys after the snow melted this year i went out and found this guy dead on the hill behind my house he had been there for awhile and still has velvet on one side. He has 6inch bases wish i would have seen him alive
found him dead out shed hunting 101_0544
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: found him dead out shed hunting   found him dead out shed hunting EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 8:59 am

That sure would have been a trophy. I wonder what happned???
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: found him dead out shed hunting   found him dead out shed hunting EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 9:01 am

Im not real sure the boddy was so ate up by the coyotes myabe they killed him he was a long way from the road and on the nastyiest spot on the hill. maybe old age because they dont normally get that much mass on them here. my guess is the coyotes got him. I have hunted this spot for about 5 years and never seen anything that big on it.
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

PostSubject: Re: found him dead out shed hunting   found him dead out shed hunting EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 9:20 am

Hate to see a buck like that go out like that
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: found him dead out shed hunting   found him dead out shed hunting EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 9:37 am

Well said Darius...
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: found him dead out shed hunting   found him dead out shed hunting EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 9:58 am

yeah thats a shame to see them go out like that. good thing you found him to show him off
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: found him dead out shed hunting   found him dead out shed hunting EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 10:00 am

Ya i know it about made me cry when i found him. Like you guys said you hate see them go out like that. Yesterday the kids school bus driver hit one of bucks and killed it. Its laying on the side of the road dead. I hate that
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: found him dead out shed hunting   found him dead out shed hunting EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 12:10 pm

Man that stinks. I found a buck a few weeks back while walking a property... I know how ya feel. Turns my stomach coming up on something like that.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: found him dead out shed hunting   found him dead out shed hunting EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 7:46 pm

So what are you going to do with it? clean the skull and keep it as a euro or cut the antlers off
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: found him dead out shed hunting   found him dead out shed hunting EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 11:29 pm

not real sure yet to be honest because it still has some velvet left not sure how to preserve that anybody got any ideas
Back to top Go down
Tall Tine

Tall Tine

PostSubject: Re: found him dead out shed hunting   found him dead out shed hunting EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 11:42 pm

Yeah that sucks when you find them like that.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: found him dead out shed hunting   found him dead out shed hunting EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 11:44 pm

I know taxis inject the velvet with something but not sure what.

Mike may be able to help you out he does some taxi work. might send him a PM
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: found him dead out shed hunting   found him dead out shed hunting EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 11:48 pm

thanks for the info romer i will do that because i dont want it just to set in the garage its to nice for that. dont usually get bucks here with 6 inch bases
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: found him dead out shed hunting   found him dead out shed hunting EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 11:53 pm

yeah i dont blame ya a bit hate to see it go to waste, hopefully Mike can help ya out
Back to top Go down
Soularcher

PostSubject: Re: found him dead out shed hunting   found him dead out shed hunting EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 10:40 am

Well, at least you know there's a good chance he has a few sons in the area! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

PostSubject: Re: found him dead out shed hunting   found him dead out shed hunting EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 10:47 am

geez, bummer.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: found him dead out shed hunting   found him dead out shed hunting EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 8:38 pm

ya it was a bummer hear is a pic of a buck on trail cam that I think may be his son. This pic is from last year and nobody killed him he should be a good buck this year.
found him dead out shed hunting Buck-1
Back to top Go down
THE BULL

THE BULL

PostSubject: Re: found him dead out shed hunting   found him dead out shed hunting EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 10:26 pm

he will definately be ripe for the pickin next year...nice buck
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: found him dead out shed hunting   found him dead out shed hunting EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 5:06 pm

Nice buck buddy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: found him dead out shed hunting   found him dead out shed hunting Empty

Back to top Go down

found him dead out shed hunting
Page 1 of 1