Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

bad news for me

Go down 
+7
mathewsguy
Tall Tine
shehuntsva
TheRomer
Jody
Joe
Robert
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Robert

Robert

bad news for me Empty
PostSubject: bad news for me   bad news for me EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 8:11 pm

I've been having a bunch of trouble getting groups together on my bow. I've tried everything with no luck so I took it to a hoyt dealer today and it looks like it came from the factory with a bent axle. Really hard to catch but terrible on your shooting groups. I'm bowless for about 5 days while they try to fix it
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

bad news for me Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for me   bad news for me EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 8:54 pm

Thats bad news for sure.
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

bad news for me Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for me   bad news for me EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 8:55 pm

Yep that means your cam is canting on you. Better to find it now. I will say this though (take it for what it's worth, nothing bad), your pro shop should have caught it while setting it up unless something has happened recently. Jeff the new pro shop guy I use was checking and checking as we were setting it up specifically looking for these types of issues. I would think you may have seen this during tuning also.
At least you found the issue and can address it properly.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

bad news for me Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for me   bad news for me EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 8:59 pm

Thats why i got a Mathews I want to Killem not Hoytem affraid

Just kidden buddy Very Happy

sorry to hear, but glad you found out about it now instead of later
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

bad news for me Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for me   bad news for me EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 10:02 pm

Originally I thought it was the timing and I had it fixed and then I thought I was hitting the rest with the vanes and I fixed that as well and it seem to be getting worse so I took it back in and they said they can't tell without taking the bow apart but they did see a gap that made them think that was the problem. I'd have two arrows hit X and then the next one would go 8 inches right and then another would go 4 inches right. As you all know being archery passionate, nothing is worse than not getting consistant groups when shooting. It's been driving me crazy.
Back to top Go down
shehuntsva

shehuntsva

bad news for me Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for me   bad news for me EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 10:14 pm

That stinks....at least you know the problem now.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

bad news for me Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for me   bad news for me EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 10:17 pm

Hope it works out for you....better now than in November when a big ole buck is begging you to make him a movie star.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tine

Tall Tine

bad news for me Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for me   bad news for me EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 10:20 pm

Glad you caught it now for sure.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

bad news for me Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for me   bad news for me EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 10:52 pm

Joe wrote:
Hope it works out for you....better now than in November when a big ole buck is begging you to make him a movie star.

Fortunatly for me this is only a targe t bow and wont get used during season
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

bad news for me Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for me   bad news for me EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 9:46 am

wow that is a bummer man hope all works out in the end and atleast you found out what the problem was.
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

bad news for me Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for me   bad news for me EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 10:20 am

TheRomer wrote:
Thats why i got a Mathews I want to Killem not Hoytem affraid

Just kidden buddy Very Happy

sorry to hear, but glad you found out about it now instead of later

If you want to kill em you better get a PSE and you will be ready to go. I cant wait to get my new PSE killing machine.
Back to top Go down
Brandon

Brandon

bad news for me Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for me   bad news for me EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 12:47 pm

I know that will not slow you donw buddy, good catch and get right back to it!
Back to top Go down
dkoutdoors

dkoutdoors

bad news for me Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for me   bad news for me EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 4:49 pm

Robert wrote:
I've been having a bunch of trouble getting groups together on my bow. I've tried everything with no luck so I took it to a hoyt dealer today and it looks like it came from the factory with a bent axle. Really hard to catch but terrible on your shooting groups. I'm bowless for about 5 days while they try to fix it
And you didnt bring it to me hmmmmmmmmmm alien
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

bad news for me Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for me   bad news for me EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 5:23 pm

Glad you figured it out and did not think it was an inconsistant problem with your shooting form. You will be back at them in no time. I can hook you up with a bow for our shoot next weekend if need be...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bad news for me Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for me   bad news for me Empty

Back to top Go down

bad news for me
Page 1 of 1