Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

trail cam cable

Go down 
+5
Adam
Corey
Mark
Jody
kyhareraiser
9 posters
AuthorMessage
kyhareraiser

kyhareraiser

trail cam cable Empty
PostSubject: trail cam cable   trail cam cable EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 11:41 am

has anyone ever made a cable to use a reg lawnmower battery or simular kind so longer trailcam pictures can be taken. i have a charger like the coleman lantern uses and i;m gonna cut the charger part off so i can have a long cable that will plug into my cameras. the 10 size aaa and the 5 c batteries for the other two run into $$$.. i guess the question i'm askin' is...how do i find out which side of the cable is pos. and which is neg so i can put red and black clips to hook to the battery so it will match up to the cameras plug in. or ,does it make a diffrence since i can plug the charger in upright position or upside down and it still charges the lantern. just curious
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

trail cam cable Empty
PostSubject: Re: trail cam cable   trail cam cable EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 1:01 pm

Do you have a volt meter? If reversed it will show negative volt reading (like -15vdc) while measuring then you will know which one is positive.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

trail cam cable Empty
PostSubject: Re: trail cam cable   trail cam cable EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 7:03 pm

Moultrie cameras you can buy a Solar panel.... saves on the batteries

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
kyhareraiser

kyhareraiser

trail cam cable Empty
PostSubject: Re: trail cam cable   trail cam cable EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 10:16 am

not moultrie brand.thats why i'm tryin' to make a cable
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

trail cam cable Empty
PostSubject: Re: trail cam cable   trail cam cable EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 10:40 am

What kind of camera is it?

I thought I saw a universal type of solar panel in Bass Pro or Cabela's

will look around

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

trail cam cable Empty
PostSubject: Re: trail cam cable   trail cam cable EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 1:11 pm

This is a great idea. I have a couple really cheap cameras that actually take good pics but the only thing is that I can put 6 AA batteries in it and they will be out of juice in 4 days. I would love to try to set up some kind of battery like this if possible.
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

trail cam cable Empty
PostSubject: Re: trail cam cable   trail cam cable EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 3:22 pm

Who is the electrician around here??? I think alot of us would like to see the battery life on trail cams last a little longer or how to rig it up where we can get more life out of the thing. I would love to have one camera in an area where I can leave for several weeks without worrying about the batteries.

Everytime I go check my camera's i just know it is affecting how a mature buck will travel through the area.
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

trail cam cable Empty
PostSubject: Re: trail cam cable   trail cam cable EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Anyone looking for improved battery life and is looking for a new camera should try the Moultrie Game Spy I40's. They get great battery life. Mine are in the woods from March until December and I don't have to change the batteries more than once a year. When they say 180 day battery life, they mean it.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

trail cam cable Empty
PostSubject: Re: trail cam cable   trail cam cable EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 4:17 pm

I have the same problem with my cameras dying on me if I dont check them every 4 or 5 days they are dead
Back to top Go down
kyhareraiser

kyhareraiser

trail cam cable Empty
PostSubject: Re: trail cam cable   trail cam cable EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 4:53 pm

well everyone ,i'm gonna use one of my cameras as the guinea pig for us all. iu have the cable made and the end that plugs into the camers works. so i figure since i used to put stereo in my cars when younger and the wire with the stripe on it was the hot wire ,this is probably the same way. now ,whats everyone opinion on which is the hot connection on the camera.. the center lug or the outside wall.. after i get a few opinions from everyone ,i'm gonna giv'er a whirle...maybe someone who has the owners manual to their camera that show wiring in their cameras or maybe one of those moultrie cables everyone is speaking of will have the striped wire to show the hot wire and they can trace it to the center lug or outer wall. let's pull together and try to get everyone an answer because seems like a lot of us would like longer field life for our power source so we can all get pictures to share.. we can do it study Idea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Early Morning Gobble

Early Morning Gobble

trail cam cable Empty
PostSubject: Re: trail cam cable   trail cam cable EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 5:07 pm

No electrician here. I have an I40 and a couple gamespy's in the woods and the i40's definitly last a heck of a lot long than the Gamespy's by moultrie. I change the I40's batteries once all spring summer and fall. If i buy more cameras i will definitly get more i40's. I think i could have bought an I40 by now with all the batteries i have gone through in the Gamespy's. Color pics at night sure are nice though.
Back to top Go down
kyhareraiser

kyhareraiser

trail cam cable Empty
PostSubject: Re: trail cam cable   trail cam cable EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 5:51 pm

GOOD NEWS............................ i have found out through my trial and error style that the center post on my 12v connection of the trailcam is the positive post and the outer wall is the negative. so ,if the striped wire is still the positive on the cable then all will work out fine .. getting the old lawnmower battery out of the old mower and charge it up and hopefully i'll be getting some good pics soon.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

trail cam cable Empty
PostSubject: Re: trail cam cable   trail cam cable EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 9:25 am

Glad you got it worked out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

trail cam cable Empty
PostSubject: Re: trail cam cable   trail cam cable Empty

Back to top Go down

trail cam cable
Page 1 of 1