Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

worst feeling ever

Go down 
+3
wacker
buckbuster217
Justintohunting
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

worst feeling ever Empty
PostSubject: worst feeling ever   worst feeling ever EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:39 am

Well last night at last light i had a mature doe come in to the field 20 yds from me.. I drew, settled in and released..I noticed the arrow in the front shoulder as she tore out of there..I gave it 20 minutes and began looking for blood..I noticed right away there was not blood like there should be so i backed out went to gas station and called my brother-in-law to meet me and bring me lights..so now its about an hour after the shot we picked up the faint blood trail.. We followed it to fence that she jumped and blew blood eveywhere on the other side..then she started uphill(which i thought was strange for a good hit on a deer) and the blood was in big piles going up the hill. The blood trial was not great but you could still follow it with ease in the dark with lights...Well now were about 600 yds from where i shot her..The blood is getting smaller and the drops are getting farther and farther apart...I finally found blood where she jumped another fence which i do not have permision to be on..With it being late i knew the landowners were probably asleep and i chose to back out and come back in the morning..I did not know we were suppose to have 2 big storms roll threw last night so all my blood was washed out..This morning i got permissoin to search for the deer ( and to hunt Very Happy ) from the landowner.. I went to were i last found blood and the rain washed it all away...I grid searched thet entire ridge and the bottoms on both sides.. I searched every brushpile,cedar tree, and downfalls with no luck.. I havent had a sickfeeling like this in a while..I guess all i can do is hope the deer will live and someone can get her this season.. The shot looked good (blood wasnt great but wasnt too bad) but i guess looks can be decieving... I guess what bothers me is that if i would have tresspassed i may have found my deer because the rain washed the blood away overnight.. I just wanted to vent to me WA friends... Sad
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

worst feeling ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: worst feeling ever   worst feeling ever EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:37 pm

that really sucks Justin, it has happened to us all at one time or another, as far as the tresspassing part you did the right thing in my opinion, I know it doesnt make ya feel any better but getting a tresspassing ticket if you would of got caught would of made it worse, like ya said we can hope she lived and someone else or you will get her later in the year
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

worst feeling ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: worst feeling ever   worst feeling ever EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:09 pm

Sounds like you put forth great effort on trying to find her. Keep at it! rendeer
Back to top Go down
hoosierhunter34

hoosierhunter34

worst feeling ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: worst feeling ever   worst feeling ever EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 1:16 pm

Just out of curiosity what broadheads did you use? I ask because I had a similar story. I had a doe at 22 yds and shot. The doe ran 60 yds stopped and stood there for 5 min then walked off. I waited about 45 minutes then got out of my stand found my arrow (complete pass through with good blood on fletchings) then walked the long away around the field trying not to spook her if she bedded down in the woods. I then had my stepdad help me track her 45 minutes after getting down. I too had good blood and was easy to follow even with it raining. We tracked her for 600 yds to a crp field with a pond in it. I decided to end it there knowing i wont have any blood in the morning but knew if i had chance of finding her i couldnt jump her out of that thick crp.
The next day me, a friend, and my best friend harley (chocolate lab) went to where we stopped the night before to try and track her. Harley took me another 100 yds to the sand pit pond. I looked about 100 yds down the pond and there she was floating about 40 ft out. After a very cold dip in the pond to recover her i saw where i hit her. I double lunged her. good shot right behind the shoulder. big entry hole but small exit. I was shooting the bloodrunner 2 blade broadheads. this doe made number 2 with the those broadheads both good shots but hard track jobs. My opinion stay away from 2 blade broadheads. had a similar encounter with 2 blade rage. Thank god for a good dog and good friend to help me find this deer.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

worst feeling ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: worst feeling ever   worst feeling ever EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 3:56 pm

I too was using nap bloodrunners 2 blade. I shot a for earlier this year with them and the deer died in sight. Interesting though. Three blade may be the way to go????
Back to top Go down
hoosierhunter34

hoosierhunter34

worst feeling ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: worst feeling ever   worst feeling ever EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 10:44 am

I made the switch to the 3 blade bloodrunner cant wait to lay one down. Ill post my findings when i do. I was happy with the accuracy, durability, and penetration using the 2 blade just not the blood trail.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

worst feeling ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: worst feeling ever   worst feeling ever EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 11:31 am

thanks for sharing with me.. i too make the switchto three blade..I like to try several different broadheads each year..Right now i have the 3 blade meatseeker to try out on my next one that walks by. in my quiver i have a muzzy,bloodrunner and meat seeker
Back to top Go down
Bowhunter83

Bowhunter83

worst feeling ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: worst feeling ever   worst feeling ever EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 11:36 am

im the same wway to. i went from rages to a magnus 100gr buzzcut 4 blade. havent got to try em out...yet.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

worst feeling ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: worst feeling ever   worst feeling ever EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 10:10 pm

Sorry, that really sucks. Sounds like she ran a looong way, might be that you hit her shoulder blade and she'll end up recovering. A similar thing happened to me a few years ago, I felt sick to my stomach. If you hunt long enough, it will probably happen.
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

worst feeling ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: worst feeling ever   worst feeling ever EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 10:28 pm

Sorry to hear that also. Kudos to you for trying hard. They are very tough animals to put down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

worst feeling ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: worst feeling ever   worst feeling ever Empty

Back to top Go down

worst feeling ever
Page 1 of 1