Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

My second season buck w/muzzle loader.

Go down 
+3
TheRomer
Joe
Big Sexy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Big Sexy

Big Sexy

My second season buck w/muzzle loader. Empty
PostSubject: My second season buck w/muzzle loader.   My second season buck w/muzzle loader. EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 7:38 pm

My second season buck w/muzzle loader. IMG_4202

..... I took today off work to hunt the fresh 4+ inches of snow we had on the ground. It was bitter cold with a high of 14 degrees. I spent the morning stalking/still hunting. I was fortunate to see allot of deer, just not "the deer". I ran home at 11:00 to finish up last minute Christmas shopping with Heather. I was able to return to the woods about 2:30ish. Before I left, Heather reminded me that we had to read at Advent services so I had to be home at 5:00 so we could eat and be there in time. As I was sitting thinking I was not going to see anything and that 1 more layer of clothing would not have hurt, I spotted a deer browsing through the timber across the ditch 100+ yds from me. As soon as I glassed him, I knew he was a shooter.. Problem was I had no shot. I waited several minutes as he started to quarter hard straight away from me. I picked a small hole and as he passed through at close to 150 yds I pulled the trigger. After the smoke cleared I instantly thought I made a bad hit as he ran back the way he came. He ran about 40 yds and bedded down in some thick brush. I watched and waited. After 10+ minute I made a sneak on him.. He was expired and I had put a close on the absolute best deer season I could ever have dreamed of ending my year with the third great buck. 2nd muzzle loader, and 1 good bow buck. Here is a pic. Needless to say after we got him loaded in the truck the race was on to get home and ready to go to Church. We even made it on time! As you can tell, I am still on cloud 9. He is also a nice 9 pointer. Not the biggest deer, but it put an end to a spectacular year!
I hope I have not bored anyone with my long story... Sorry if I did.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: My second season buck w/muzzle loader.   My second season buck w/muzzle loader. EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 7:39 pm

Great buck!!!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: My second season buck w/muzzle loader.   My second season buck w/muzzle loader. EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 7:59 pm

Great story, and great buck A Big Congrats to ya
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: My second season buck w/muzzle loader.   My second season buck w/muzzle loader. EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 8:35 pm

THanks for sharing. That's a nice buck as well
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: My second season buck w/muzzle loader.   My second season buck w/muzzle loader. EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:04 pm

Another good one.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: My second season buck w/muzzle loader.   My second season buck w/muzzle loader. EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 8:02 pm

Great job, I have a very similar story... but on the last morning ot the late seaon and with the bow. Great story and congrats!
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: My second season buck w/muzzle loader.   My second season buck w/muzzle loader. EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 8:54 pm

Another nice buck...congrats

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My second season buck w/muzzle loader.   My second season buck w/muzzle loader. Empty

Back to top Go down

My second season buck w/muzzle loader.
Page 1 of 1