Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER

Go down 
+6
The Guide
hammersdxt
Robert
Snivs
Niño
momo
10 posters
AuthorMessage
momo

POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER Empty
PostSubject: POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER   POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:00 pm

I have a 54 cal. flintlock. I heard they come out with a powder that did not smoke as much. Did anyone hear about it
Back to top Go down
Niño

PostSubject: Re: POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER   POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:49 pm

I haven't, but I just got my first muzzle loader from you. If I hear anything I'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER   POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:24 pm

Not up on muzzleloading. I do know that they have been coming out with alot of improved products for the sport as it is growing.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER   POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:31 pm

THere are smokeless powders but they only work in certain guns
Back to top Go down
hammersdxt

hammersdxt

PostSubject: Re: POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER   POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:47 pm

not for sure but i think the jim shocky's gold or somthing like that doesn't smoke or foul the gun as much
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER   POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:47 pm

Sorry I have no clue on this one.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER   POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:48 pm

hammersdxt wrote:
not for sure but i think the jim shocky's gold or somthing like that doesn't smoke or foul the gun as much

Yep. Good choice.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER   POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:32 am

Momo you neede to get with 30point I'm pretty sure you guys have the same gun, a 54 cal something
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER   POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 3:33 pm

I'm not a ML expert, but a lot of the old flintlocks cannot use newer powders. You can always visit the websites and find the info, the best two blackpowder substitutes are 777 and Pyrodex, but they DO burn with higher pressures and aren't safe in all guns.

30point, did you have good success with Shockeys gold? It was the worst stuff I ever used, I fired rounds over a chronograph with it and got variations of almost 500fps! One shot would be around 1000fps, and the next would be under 600fps. Needless to say the groups were the size of an American car.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER   POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:04 pm

I've been using 777 and no complaints. I don't worry about the smoke but it's nice to be able to shoot 5+ times without needing to run a brush down it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER   POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER Empty

Back to top Go down

POWER FOR MUZZLE LOADER
Page 1 of 1