Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Deer stand tower blind ideas?

Go down 
+5
Snivs
TheRomer
Robert
Dave
Big Sexy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Big Sexy

Big Sexy

Deer stand tower blind ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Deer stand tower blind ideas?   Deer stand tower blind ideas? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 12:57 pm

I am wanting to build a couple of tower blinds on my farm and am not looking to reinvent the wheel. I want to build one I can take the kids hunting in and use my self that one can use for "bow" and Gun" hunting deer. Does anyone have any plans, ideas or pics they could share with me that fits the bill?
It would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Deer stand tower blind ideas?   Deer stand tower blind ideas? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 2:19 pm

You can look here. They sell the plans but it could give you an idea:

http://www.greenleaf-designs.com/ladderstands.html
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Deer stand tower blind ideas?   Deer stand tower blind ideas? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 2:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Deer stand tower blind ideas?   Deer stand tower blind ideas? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 2:23 pm

Send Romer a PM on this. He put an awesome one up on his property and cost was next to nothing. Plus he's just really creative with stuff like this.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Deer stand tower blind ideas?   Deer stand tower blind ideas? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 4:48 pm

I dont have any plans but i have some pics of the one i built a few years back.

That might help give you an idea on where to start.

Let me do some digging threw some pics and find them then ill post them up for ya Bruce.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: Deer stand tower blind ideas?   Deer stand tower blind ideas? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:47 pm

Tommy, Don, and I were talking about possibly putting one on a farm we hunt and I started thinking about it. I am going to look at maybe using a couple of sections of scaffolding for a base. Seems like a good idea but not sure. Feel that it might be more mobile if we want to move it. Also not sure if it will rattle and squeeeeeeek to much. Good luck and let us know what you come up with.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Deer stand tower blind ideas?   Deer stand tower blind ideas? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:33 pm

This is the blind we built last summer. It isn't a tower blind but it is great to gun and bowhunt out of. Plus it's insulated for the kids. I got half of the materials for free so it cost me probablly like $400.

Deer stand tower blind ideas? 8109stands006
Deer stand tower blind ideas? 8109stands012
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Deer stand tower blind ideas?   Deer stand tower blind ideas? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:48 pm

That's pretty awesome lookin Don. Great blind. cheers
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Deer stand tower blind ideas?   Deer stand tower blind ideas? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:18 pm

30pointbuck wrote:
That's pretty awesome lookin Don. Great blind. cheers

To bad TG won't let me hunt it anymore Sad
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Deer stand tower blind ideas?   Deer stand tower blind ideas? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:32 am

Ok here are some pics of the one i built, this cost me nothing except for the paint and camo fabric . Im in construction so i had all the wood just laying around the garage.

It started out as a kids play ground fort that my kids didnt play on anymore.
Deer stand tower blind ideas? Img_2010

Then I just framed it up high enough to stand in
Deer stand tower blind ideas? IMG_2100
Deer stand tower blind ideas? IMG_2112

Slapped some plywood on it and cut out windows and a door and the pieces i cut out for windows and door i just put some hinges on them so i could close it up for after season. I did frame around the dor and windows for more suport but not shown in the pics. also added a bench seat

Deer stand tower blind ideas? IMG_2120
Deer stand tower blind ideas? IMG_2119

Then I just added some sheet metal for a roof and painted the inside black and the out side a olive green
Deer stand tower blind ideas? IMG_2126
Deer stand tower blind ideas? IMG_2127

and the final touch was some camo type netting and made curtans out of it that can slide open,dont have a good pic of the camo netting but you can kinda see it in this pic
Deer stand tower blind ideas? Romer3

The only thing i would do diff if i make another is to make it deeper to shot a bow out of easier and also add some sort of slideing glass windows, in the winter it can get pretty cold in there if the wind is blowing.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: Deer stand tower blind ideas?   Deer stand tower blind ideas? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:05 am

Nice Mike. I like the story line the photos told. From the start with just the kids hanging out on it before you transformed it into a awesome blind. To the kill in the field.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Deer stand tower blind ideas?   Deer stand tower blind ideas? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:54 am

Snivs wrote:
Nice Mike. I like the story line the photos told. From the start with just the kids hanging out on it before you transformed it into a awesome blind. To the kill in the field.

Well said...

Looks great!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Deer stand tower blind ideas?   Deer stand tower blind ideas? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:19 pm

Awesome Mike. That blind is cool. Great job. Nice Buck too.
Back to top Go down
Big Sexy

Big Sexy

PostSubject: Thank you for all the input!    Deer stand tower blind ideas? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 6:40 am

I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Deer stand tower blind ideas?   Deer stand tower blind ideas? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 9:07 am

I've hunted and filmed out of Mike's tower blind and it's pretty nice. Really nice on rainy days when you can get out of the weather.
Back to top Go down
ebrown

ebrown

PostSubject: Re: Deer stand tower blind ideas?   Deer stand tower blind ideas? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 9:53 am

Pretty cool Mike, Nice buck too.

P.S. is that the buck you killed over the decoy a few years back?
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Deer stand tower blind ideas?   Deer stand tower blind ideas? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 1:16 pm

ebrown wrote:
Pretty cool Mike, Nice buck too.

P.S. is that the buck you killed over the decoy a few years back?

Yep it sure is cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Deer stand tower blind ideas?   Deer stand tower blind ideas? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 9:40 pm

those are some nice blinds
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deer stand tower blind ideas?   Deer stand tower blind ideas? Empty

Back to top Go down

Deer stand tower blind ideas?
Page 1 of 1