Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Tree stand or blind for deer hunting..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bowshootinannie

bowshootinannie

Tree stand or blind for deer hunting.. Empty
PostSubject: Tree stand or blind for deer hunting..   Tree stand or blind for deer hunting.. EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:46 am

Well i have the option of Deer hunting with my bow out of a tree stand or out of a blind..I quess im just trying to ask which do you think would be the easiest for the first time deer hunting with a bow. and me being a girl.. flower I have not been in the tree stand yet, but i have been shooting out of the blind, but i really want to get that deer on my first year of shooting with a bow!!!!! maybe tell me what you guys shoot out of and what your results were.. Smile
Back to top Go down
kkleve

kkleve

PostSubject: Re: Tree stand or blind for deer hunting..   Tree stand or blind for deer hunting.. EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:50 am

It really depends on the location, terrain, and cover you have around you i like to use a blind set in a laydown on a field edge and brush it in really good. It really will depend on what you are comfortable with. I prefer a blind as long as the area is fairly open so i can see around me, and if its brushed in good they will never know you are there.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Tree stand or blind for deer hunting..   Tree stand or blind for deer hunting.. EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 2:25 pm

go with what you are comfortable with...both will work.. A blind gets you eyelevel with the deer makeing broadside shot easier.. When you in the stand you have to adjust for angle.. Treestand gets your scent above the deer so thats a plus for treestand.. In the winter a buddy heater can go in the blind and keep you warm.. A plus for a blind...So i say whatever you like..Also,, You cant fall out of a blind when a big buck walks up lol!
Back to top Go down
bowshootinannie

bowshootinannie

PostSubject: Re: Tree stand or blind for deer hunting..   Tree stand or blind for deer hunting.. EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:13 pm

Justin i just got a vision of me falling out of that tree stand... lol! .but i am thinking of a blind the landi is across the street on the turners property so we have to walk down there and look at the terrian..i think the only thing i was afraid of with the blind is that coyote story you told me. What a Face but shannon said hed get me a stand but ive never been in one, but i think for my first year ill stick wiith the blind..the heater was a great idea Smile
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Tree stand or blind for deer hunting..   Tree stand or blind for deer hunting.. EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:25 pm

blind will be fine, i will help you set it up when the seed ticks are gone and they start stirring a little more
Back to top Go down
kkleve

kkleve

PostSubject: Re: Tree stand or blind for deer hunting..   Tree stand or blind for deer hunting.. EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:14 am

A blind will also help with scent control as well
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Tree stand or blind for deer hunting..   Tree stand or blind for deer hunting.. EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 6:44 pm

Since i don't like heights i hunt from a ground blind and it's never been an issue and easier to set up and take down than a stand.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Tree stand or blind for deer hunting..   Tree stand or blind for deer hunting.. EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 7:09 pm

30pointbuck wrote:
Since i don't like heights i hunt from a ground blind and it's never been an issue and easier to set up and take down than a stand.

Another +1 for the Blind
Back to top Go down
bowshootinannie

bowshootinannie

PostSubject: Re: Tree stand or blind for deer hunting..   Tree stand or blind for deer hunting.. EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 10:01 am

Thank you guys and Justin..yess im hunting out of a blind..sounds so much easier and like Justin said , if i do see that big buck, i wont fall out of the stand.. lol! Thank you all for the imput Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tree stand or blind for deer hunting..   Tree stand or blind for deer hunting.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Tree stand or blind for deer hunting..
Page 1 of 1