Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

bowhunting on the ground without a blind

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

bowhunting on the ground without a blind Empty
PostSubject: bowhunting on the ground without a blind   bowhunting on the ground without a blind EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 2:53 pm

Anyone with some success or tips they would like to share.. I have a spot on forestry land where it is a little too far to pack anything in and i am also afraid it would get stolen if i set a blind or treestand up..
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: bowhunting on the ground without a blind   bowhunting on the ground without a blind EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:51 pm

I've been lucky enough to take a few deer with a bow on the ground (crp field).A few things I would suggest is to find the trails the deer are coming in on,make sure the wind is right and you are scent free as possible.when I'm hunting a field I will get back in the taller stuff about 10-15 yds and make a few narrow shooting lanes.When hunting in the woods on the ground I like to find the highest spot I can overlooking a trail or creek bottom.around here I have a lot of bluffs and ridges to sit on.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: bowhunting on the ground without a blind   bowhunting on the ground without a blind EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:58 pm

I hunt that way every seas, since i don't hunt from a stand. Just find an area where there are 2 or 3 nice trees together and start building brush and limbs up around the trees till it's about chest high i use a folding chair but mainly a 5 gal bucket with a padded foam swivel top can get them at cabelas $15 build it where you can shoot sitting without hitting limbs etc. Cover is natural and works well. I also cut a few ceder limbs also the smell of natural cedar helps in scent cover.
Back to top Go down
Bowhunter83

Bowhunter83

PostSubject: Re: bowhunting on the ground without a blind   bowhunting on the ground without a blind EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:06 pm

I hunt a few times a year like this, i actually will find a nice big cedar or evergreen if possible and take some hand trimmers and cut my self a nice niche in it. or do the cut some nice big green limbs and build a nice little blind. or something similar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bowhunting on the ground without a blind   bowhunting on the ground without a blind Empty

Back to top Go down

bowhunting on the ground without a blind
Page 1 of 1