Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

New Moving Deer Target Idea

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

New Moving Deer Target Idea Empty
PostSubject: New Moving Deer Target Idea   New Moving Deer Target Idea EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 1:06 am

So as I am installing a new garage door opener this morning/afternoon I had a great idea. My old garage door open was still working but the wireless section on the box stopped picking up the clickers. So i decided I am going to make a moving deer target. Im going to make a platform for the taget to sit on that has wheels on it to roll. I will hook a cable or rope to the platform and use the garage door opener to have it move across the yard. Ill probably weld a slotted rod to the gear and then put different sized wire spools on it to give a varying speed on it. I wont be getting to it for a little while due to a a few more important things to do around the house. Ill post some updates on it later. If you have any suggestions or other ideas let me know.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: New Moving Deer Target Idea   New Moving Deer Target Idea EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:11 am

Sounds like a great plan. Wanna see pics when it's done
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: New Moving Deer Target Idea   New Moving Deer Target Idea EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 7:33 pm

That should work! Maybe this summer a couple of us can come down and help you try it out, eh? Laughing
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: New Moving Deer Target Idea   New Moving Deer Target Idea EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 8:01 pm

Sounds like a great idea. post some picts when you get it going.
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: New Moving Deer Target Idea   New Moving Deer Target Idea EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 8:06 pm

I will put a video up when I can.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: New Moving Deer Target Idea   New Moving Deer Target Idea EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 3:19 pm

They are alot of fun last year I put a target on a zipline and shot it a bunch. Just becareful not to get in the habit of punching the trigger like I did and you have to really breakdown and work hard at getting perfect form back ..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Moving Deer Target Idea   New Moving Deer Target Idea Empty

Back to top Go down

New Moving Deer Target Idea
Page 1 of 1