Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

A pritty cool action packed day for me!!!

Go down 
+7
mathewsguy
Brandon
Mark
TheRomer
littleslink
Joe
MRA
11 posters
AuthorMessage
MRA

MRA

A pritty cool action packed day for me!!! Empty
PostSubject: A pritty cool action packed day for me!!!   A pritty cool action packed day for me!!! EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 8:11 pm

Went to spray some more food plots, Finally got all the spraying done so I can get to planting them in a couple weeks. When I was on the way to the location my Girlfriend was driving ( since my leg is still healing) and I was watching up in the road and and Cougar stepped right out into the road and stopped and looked the other way Shocked I yelled out HOLY COUGAR Shocked Shocked I didnt see the long tail but I didnt really pay attention to it, I was just amazed at the huge size of this cat, Way bigger then any bobcat or coyote, and I would know what they look like since i trap them every year. It wasnt the first cougar I have seen but definetly the biggest. I see tracks all the time when im trapping but not too many people ever beilive me when i tell them about it, but now my girlfriend can back me up.......... After all of that we went down the road to spray the food plots and my girlfriend wouldnt stand by herself on the end of the plot because she was so scared Laughing But the trip was a success and had fun doing it, and always enjoy seeing any kind of wildlife, even a BIG COUGAR, lol
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: A pritty cool action packed day for me!!!   A pritty cool action packed day for me!!! EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 8:25 pm

That would have been awesome to see man.
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: A pritty cool action packed day for me!!!   A pritty cool action packed day for me!!! EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 9:49 pm

Nice encounter. I saw one on the first day of archery season two years ago. I climbed down out of my stand at dark, and there he was. 20 yards away and crouching. I backed away step by step to about 50 yards and he never moved. Good thing, because I would have been in trouble. Since they are supposed to "not exist" in PA, not too many people believe me, but I know what I saw...
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: A pritty cool action packed day for me!!!   A pritty cool action packed day for me!!! EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 11:07 pm

that woulda been cool to see
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: A pritty cool action packed day for me!!!   A pritty cool action packed day for me!!! EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 11:58 pm

cool experience......but you didnt tell us you had cougars when I was turkey hunting!!!!

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Brandon

Brandon

PostSubject: Re: A pritty cool action packed day for me!!!   A pritty cool action packed day for me!!! EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 7:41 am

Crazy!
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: A pritty cool action packed day for me!!!   A pritty cool action packed day for me!!! EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 8:19 am

Very cool man
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: A pritty cool action packed day for me!!!   A pritty cool action packed day for me!!! EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 4:57 pm

Thats awesome! I've still never seen a cougar in the wild, its gotta be about the most exciting animal to see. Do you have a season in kansas? Now that he's in the area maybe you'll get him on a trail cam pic, but they do have huge home range, like 25 square miles.
Back to top Go down
racknfeatherlodge

PostSubject: Re: A pritty cool action packed day for me!!!   A pritty cool action packed day for me!!! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 3:50 pm

It's about time for you to see a cougar again. I'm about 2 up on you now. Although it has been 3-4 months for me now.
Back to top Go down
whitetail pcs

whitetail pcs

PostSubject: Re: A pritty cool action packed day for me!!!   A pritty cool action packed day for me!!! EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:06 am

I live in Alabama and we are NOT supposed to have any kinds of big black cats anywhere near here...BUT...2 yrs ago I had my 8 yr old in the tree stand with me and a HUGE black cat walked under our stand and circled it a few times. lol He then went and stretched out under a bush eating a chicken bone about 10 yards from our stand. My 8 yr old daughter was flipping out because she was sitting on the footrest of the stand with her legs hanging down. She keep looking at me, then looking back down. I kept putting my finger up to my mouth to tell her to keep quiet. He stayed about 20 minutes and then went over the hill of our green field. You talking about being a little leary to come down and walk back thru the woods to go home.....with only a pen light. lol
We have seen several big cats around here in the last 3 years, but no one knows what they are and you are not supposed to shoot them. lol

Laughing
Back to top Go down
PSE32

PSE32

PostSubject: Re: A pritty cool action packed day for me!!!   A pritty cool action packed day for me!!! EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 8:28 am

Thats a pretty sweet encounter! They are a very rare animal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A pritty cool action packed day for me!!!   A pritty cool action packed day for me!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

A pritty cool action packed day for me!!!
Page 1 of 1