Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

This weekend

Go down 
+3
The Guide
mathewsguy
Joe
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe

Joe

This weekend Empty
PostSubject: This weekend   This weekend EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:04 am

Well no deer down but there is sign everywhere. Darius and I hunted them hard this weekend with no luck. Saw some nice rubs and a set of tracks that set Darius off Laughing They were in front of my camera but the way he was standing you could only see his rear end. Well yesterday evening I went and checked the camera again (24 hours later) and saw more of the same type signs. Only this time he posed for the camera. Darius and I believe he is one of our bucks that we have targeted but its hard to say. To know for sure we would have to see the brows. In any case, he is a dandy of a ten pointer. Coming through like all the deer are doing right now. Right at dark coming out of the standing corn and towards a lush clover field. After seeing the pics I decided to sit in a set we call broken limb in hopes of cutting him off at the clover. No such luck but had an action packed evening. 20 minutes after being set up I hear movement to my left and out steps a coyote. Any who knows me knows any yote is a marked man when I have the chance. Drew back and slid a Striker right into it. It was on a jog and I must have not lead it far enough because I hit it further back than normal. It took off like it was on fire. All and all saw 3 yotes in a matter of like 10 minutes. The yote problem in the entire county is ridiculous. Will make for some fun off season work once deer season ends.

All and all it was a fun weekend. Wish we could have got on deer but thats how it goes. Darius is making the trip up again early November and I got plenty of vacation days stock piled for just those two weeks. With reports of corn falling this week I think the woods will come alive again like they were last year. I will keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

This weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: This weekend   This weekend EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:08 am

sounds like you guys had a good time
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

This weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: This weekend   This weekend EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 3:24 pm

Good deal. The only good yote's are dead yote's. We are starting to see more and more around here in MD. But does not sound like as many as you all have. Good luck next time with that buck in the clover.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

This weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: This weekend   This weekend EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:34 pm

Standing corn can make for some slow hunting but it's holding the deer on the property. Good luck to ya when they get it cut.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

This weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: This weekend   This weekend EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 10:55 pm

good luck next time out
Back to top Go down
shehuntsva

shehuntsva

This weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: This weekend   This weekend EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 10:05 am

Sounds like you guys hunted hard. Good luck to you guys next time.
Back to top Go down
ddhgator

ddhgator

This weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: This weekend   This weekend EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 10:22 am

atleast you were in the woods, hunting... better luck next time..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

This weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: This weekend   This weekend Empty

Back to top Go down

This weekend
Page 1 of 1