Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Slow weekend in the woods

Go down 
+3
Dave
Camoed Assassin
MOOSE
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MOOSE

MOOSE

Slow weekend in the woods Empty
PostSubject: Slow weekend in the woods   Slow weekend in the woods EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 8:09 pm

This time of year in Indiana is usually the one weekend that you just MUST be in the deer woods if you're a bow hunter. The deer are moving good, it's the beginning of the rut and also the last weekend before gun season comes in. Saturday morning started out great. I saw several new rubs on my way to my stand and several more around my stand once it got light out. About 20 minutes after sun i see some movement, and there he is, the buck that I've been seeing makes an apperance by walking the creek bottom about 75 yards away. I got out my grunt call and gave him a few and then a snort wheeze, but NOTHING. He was too busy making a rub and looking for does. A few minutes later some does come out to the same area. About an hour later two more does act like they are going to commit and come to the trail that goes past my stand but kept on going straight, I saw 2 more does later that morning. I was optimistic about the rest of the weekend but was let down not seeing A SINGLE DEER the rest of the time. Oh well, that's bow hunting. Can't wait to get back out there for my next hunt!!!
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Slow weekend in the woods   Slow weekend in the woods EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 8:27 pm

Sounds like here in Md. We hunted the last 2 1/2 days with a little action at first and last light. Nothing big and nothing in range. A guy who hunts TG's farm with us did score on his second biggest buck last night that came in to calls and was rutted up.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Slow weekend in the woods   Slow weekend in the woods EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 8:45 pm

I had a pretty good weekend in the stand Saturday night, but besides that things were slow for me too...

I hope you get that buck that your after!
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Slow weekend in the woods   Slow weekend in the woods EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 9:32 pm

Its getting close here in MD. Just not full blown rut.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Slow weekend in the woods   Slow weekend in the woods EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 9:54 am

Had some good movement on Friday but spotty the rest of the weekend. It will be here soon I would think.
Back to top Go down
OutdoorEaly

OutdoorEaly

PostSubject: Re: Slow weekend in the woods   Slow weekend in the woods EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 1:50 pm

Had a great night in the woods this weekend as well. Weather was a little warmer than expected but still tolerable. Rattled and called my butt off just about all darn day. With nothing coming in.

I am using a new decoy from Cherokee Sports called the Hair Lite. It is a blow up and was the low low price of $30. If it works I will let you know.

Anyhow, had some deer show up at last light but they were spooked out of the field by a coyote. The same coyote I have seen the past 2 nights I had been out. Looks like I will be taking a break to do a little predator control.
Back to top Go down
BLS131

BLS131

PostSubject: Re: Slow weekend in the woods   Slow weekend in the woods EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 3:28 pm

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil IT S BEEN LIKE THAT IN PA BUT THE WEATHER SUCKS IT S USALLY COLD DURING THE RUT UP HERE BUT ITS BEEN VERY WARM HIGH 60 S ANDTHE DEER HAVE NOT BEEN MOVING LIKE NORMALLY. GOING HAVE TO START PUTTING SOME DRIVES ON SOON Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slow weekend in the woods   Slow weekend in the woods Empty

Back to top Go down

Slow weekend in the woods
Page 1 of 1