Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

What kind of bow to get??

Go down 
+6
Dave
30pointbuck
BLS131
mathewsguy
Joe
Julie
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Julie

What kind of bow to get?? Empty
PostSubject: What kind of bow to get??   What kind of bow to get?? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 11:08 am

I haven't shot very many bows but I'm looking to buy one this year. I can only pull back about 40 lbs right now. Any advice on a good ladies bow?
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bow to get??   What kind of bow to get?? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 11:40 am

Good seeing ya Julie! I know PSE makes a nice ladies/youth bow called the Choas but I have not heard from any one who has shot it. Autumn was in your shoes a couple years ago and went with a Diamond bow. There is not a single bow that is the best overall for every single person. It all comes down to which bow is the best for you. The only way to figure that out is to get out to a pro shop and shoot as many as you can get yours hands on. Thats what Autumn and I did and once you find the bow thats best for you, you will know it.

I believe the last time Darius and I were out hunting whitetails you told me you had one picked out already. What a Face
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bow to get??   What kind of bow to get?? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 12:09 pm

There are so many choices on bows now. The best thing for you to do is go to some shops and shoot a bunch of different bows. You will know the right bow for you when you feel it in your hands.
Back to top Go down
BLS131

BLS131

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bow to get??   What kind of bow to get?? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 12:27 pm

Twisted Evil CHECK OUT MARTIN ARCHERY THEY HAVE A BOW FOR JUST ABOUT EVERYONE Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bow to get??   What kind of bow to get?? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 6:53 pm

Check out the mathews mission menace. It can be adjusted in draw length 20-32 and craw weight 17-50 and can be adjusted without a press. Great starter bow. I bought one for my wife and won't break the bank. $259
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bow to get??   What kind of bow to get?? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 7:03 pm

Your getting some great advice already!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bow to get??   What kind of bow to get?? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 10:25 pm

Let us know what ya come up with.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bow to get??   What kind of bow to get?? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 1:08 pm

mathewsguy wrote:
There are so many choices on bows now. The best thing for you to do is go to some shops and shoot a bunch of different bows. You will know the right bow for you when you feel it in your hands.

That's the best bet, you will know when you pick up the right bow for you.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bow to get??   What kind of bow to get?? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 2:53 pm

A lot of good bows out there. PSE makes a nice ladies bow as well as Diamond. My wife shoots a Hoyt at 45 pounds and loves it
Back to top Go down
Julie

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bow to get??   What kind of bow to get?? EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:58 pm

Thanks so much everyone! I'm excited!! Very Happy Yes Joe, I do have my eye on the Matthews Passion...but they are a bit pricey. I would still love to shoot one! I'll let ya'll know what I find! Thanks
Back to top Go down
Julie

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bow to get??   What kind of bow to get?? EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:33 pm

Well, I shot a few and then I found a deal that I just couln't pass up. This bow had alot of recomendations and I have heard alot of good things about it... considering Darius has one and I hear about how awesome it is every day...I just got my first bow a '08 Bowtech General!!!! cheers I can't wait til it comes in the mail and I get it set up to start flinging arrows!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bow to get??   What kind of bow to get?? EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:37 pm

Congrats on the new bow! It sounds like it should be a good fit for you. Let us know how it works out for you.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bow to get??   What kind of bow to get?? EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:50 pm

Congrats on the new bow. BowTech makes great bows, got a Guardian myself, and I love the thing. Have fun shooting it.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bow to get??   What kind of bow to get?? EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 1:45 am

Congrat's on the new bow.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bow to get??   What kind of bow to get?? EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 6:25 am

Congrats Julie!!
Back to top Go down
countryboy

countryboy

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bow to get??   What kind of bow to get?? EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 6:50 pm

I would say pse do to they do have a good ladys bow. But its really all on what you would want to shoot.
Back to top Go down
shootthebunnies

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bow to get??   What kind of bow to get?? EmptyMon May 31, 2010 10:15 pm

I started off cheap, I didn't know how addicting it would be. I bought a Bear Charge and for the money it is awesome!!!

You can one bare right now for around $225.00 new and $300.00 ready to hunt. It is a great starter bow IMO.

I can only comment on what I have shot and this is my first and current bow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bow to get??   What kind of bow to get?? Empty

Back to top Go down

What kind of bow to get??
Page 1 of 1