Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Off season shooting

Go down 
+17
BOHO
Camel
Rev. Juan
SCFox
cropdustersteve
Colorado Hunter
bowjunkie2010
MOOSE
botzitaliano
The Guide
Dave
Camoed Assassin
Robert
volway
TheRomer
30pointbuck
mathewsguy
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Off season shooting Empty
PostSubject: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:47 pm

How many guys shoot there bows all year long and if so what do you shoot. I shoot all year long I shoot 3-d and i shoot some indoors with some buddys
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:50 pm

Yeah, same here but now i'll concentrate on learning to shoot my recurve bow.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:29 pm

I shoot 3-D and alot at home and at buddies houses
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:36 pm

Well here at the Volways household shoot our bows have been out of the question. LOL hope to get healed up soon so we can.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:54 pm

I take a little time off after season, maybe 8 weeks and then start back up shooting indoors and getting ready for the 3D set. Once it warms up I shoot most days either at the range or in the back yard
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 11:24 pm

I usually take time off to. I'll start shooting again after turkey season. I shot a couple of 3D shoots and had a blast, so I plan on shooting atleast a few this year. Other than that TG and a few others shoot over his house a few times a week. I hope to shoot alot this summer with my son Hunter. We are going tomorrow (hopefully) to go get him a Diamond Nuclear Ice. That little thing is sweet, so I hope he likes it and starts to shoot with us alot this year.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 11:48 pm

Good deal on getting your son a bow. I have seen that bow myself and it is great. You'll have to post some pics of him shooting it.

I take some time off after the season and aroung turkey season I will start getting myself back in tune to hit the 3D courses...
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:59 pm

Great to get the family involved.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 9:36 pm

Just took the lil man to the archery shop to shoot the Diamond Nuclear Ice. He loved it so we ordered him one, all they had were 2 pink ones. I tried to talk him into getting one of the pink ones but he wasn't having it. We let him use a wrist strap release and it seemed to really help him so we picked him up a TRU Ball release to. He has a little trouble pulling the bow back with the release but he will get used to it. It will be in in about 2 weeks so I will post some pics of Hunter with his new rig when it comes in.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 9:37 pm

Congrat's CA, that's really cool. Can't wait to see picts.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 10:33 pm

That will be awesome for you to pass your passion on to your son. Can't wait to see the smile on his face when he is holding that new bow!
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:34 pm

Yeah it will take him a little while to get use to the release but just get him to pull with his whole arm,the strap (if its tight enough) want come over his hand,It will be alot easier for him .Can't wait to see some pics of the little man slinging some arrows. OH YEAH tell him not to be scared to shoot a pink one.LOL
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:08 am

I am the same as CA, take some time off then get back at it after turkey season. I am looking forward to shooting with his little man this year. It should be a lot of fun. We will most likely spend more time looking for arrows than shooting but that is how he will learn and we all have been there!!!
Back to top Go down
botzitaliano

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 10:14 pm

I shoot all year round during deer season I'm strictly 3d and in the off time I still do alot of 3d shooting and I shoot in a competative 300 league.
Back to top Go down
MOOSE

MOOSE

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:36 pm

I like to shoot as much as I can. But this time of year with the weather and not many close places to shoot indoors I dont get much of a chance.
Back to top Go down
bowjunkie2010

bowjunkie2010

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:55 pm

I shoot @ home and at my local archery shop, don't like to lay off the bow for too long then you pay for it later.......
Back to top Go down
Colorado Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 11:36 pm

What off season?
August- December, Archery season in Colorado
January-February, indoor season
March-July, 3D season
Back to top Go down
cropdustersteve

cropdustersteve

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 10:01 pm

Have a few bags I shoot all year, but I've been wanting to get into 3D for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 10:03 pm

cropdustersteve wrote:
Have a few bags I shoot all year, but I've been wanting to get into 3D for a long time.

You'll love it!
Back to top Go down
SCFox

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:41 pm

During the winter months, I shoot a 5 spot league. Spring comes around and I try to hit a few 3D shoots with my son. The summer months are spent getting ready for the fall!!

SCFox
Back to top Go down
Rev. Juan

Rev. Juan

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:21 pm

I shoot every chance I get !! Today I was only able to shoot arrows & somtimes I only make one shot just to make sure I still got it on the first shot.
Back to top Go down
Camel

Camel

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:53 am

I shoot all year.we shoot indoors from Dec until end of April.Then 3D from end of April until Sept.Hunting is open when we're done 3D.First 3D shoot is this sat,can't wait.
Back to top Go down
SCFox

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 3:36 pm

I try to shoot a bunch of 3D during the spring and during the winter, I shoot in a 5 spot league.

SCFox
Back to top Go down
BOHO

BOHO

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:22 am

I used to shoot everyday but I havent done that in a few years. I am gonna shoot a good bit this summer though cause I'm trying to get good with my longbow. I'll shoot my compounds a good bit as well. I am working back up to 80# again. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cornfed

Cornfed

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting EmptySat May 01, 2010 10:57 pm

I shoot all year 'round, 3D's and backyard practice all season long. I also have access to some pretty respectable indoor ranges as well, including a Techno Shoot video system. I have never considered shooting a chore.... it's still just plain FUN to launch arrows and continue to challenge myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off season shooting   Off season shooting Empty

Back to top Go down

Off season shooting
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next