Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Muzzy or Rage

Go down 
+19
recon33alpha
BOWHUNTERCOP
grampscreek
cropdustersteve
NiƱo
Stap3s
Mrs Volway
Huntjunkie2010
Snivs
30pointbuck
The Guide
Camoed Assassin
Big Sexy
wacker
Dave
shedaddict
TheRomer
mathewsguy
Muzzymad
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Muzzymad

Muzzymad

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:16 am

I've used Muzzy broadheads for quite sometime, but I'd like to try the Rage. Any pros or cons on this broadhead.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:33 am

This year was my first year using the rage 2 blade. I shot 2 deer with them and had great results. Left unbeleivable blood trails on both deer and they did not go far. Just like any other product on the market you will get good and bad from different people. I would not hesitate to suggest trying them.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:14 am

I have used Muzzies for years, but I am going to try the rage this year.

have been hearing alot of good things about them
Back to top Go down
shedaddict

shedaddict

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:25 am

I was always a muzzy man for years I shot rages for one year. That was the last.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:19 am

Both are great broadheads. Each head has small things that might make it a little better than the other. If I knew I was gauranteed to get a clean pass through I would go with the rage. If I knew the deer was going to turn when my bow went off and I was gauranteed to hit it in the shoulder bone, I would rather be shooting a Muzzy.

Basically there are a ton of good heads out there that will do the job. It is all about personal preference and being confident in your equipment.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:27 pm

Once I switched from Muzzy to mechanicals I never went back. As for the rage pro's, they fly great and put a good hole in the game. Cons, the blades seemed to pop open a lot on me (3 blade).
Back to top Go down
Big Sexy

Big Sexy

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 1:43 pm

I have always been told to never use mechanicles on bear.. Being a bear and deer hunter I asked my self this question, if a mechanicle is not recomended on bear, why should I use it on deer?

Watch hunting videos, there are alot of BIG names that promote "Rage", but as I watch alot of videos I notice one thing alot, they lack penatration., There is a lack of clean pass throughs.
For these reasons I have stuck to Mmuzzy. Right or wrong, I will stck with what I know is effective. You hear conflicting stories on Rage, but I am yet to hear on Muzzy. (of coarse I will now., LOL!)

I can give many exsamples of extreem penatration of my muzzy heads. 2 yrs ago I shot a bear, a great deer, a turkey, and a Coyote all with the same muzzy and arrow. (there was "new blades" on for the bear and the deer, but not the turk and yote. I got clean through on the bear and the deer. The bear stuck in the ground on the other side just like I feel arros should.
Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:28 pm

One other thing I'd mention is I like using a heavier arrow with mechanical BH's. Since your cutting a bigger hole the additional KE is a plus for penetration. I'm okay with loosing some speed.

On bear it's not that uncommon to have blow throu's driving the arrow into the dirt. Ribs are round vs flat on deer. I've had a clean blow throu and sank mechanicals up to the fletching on a few bull elk. But as with any BH shot placement is key.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:52 pm

I love mechanical heads andhave never had any issues with the ones I have shot. I shot the Rages last year and liked them. I also shoot NAP scorpions. Get pass thrus with both Rages and NAPs. I have had issues getting fixed blades to shoot good and with mechanicals they fly just like my field points.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:25 pm

I like the NAP Scorpions. I was a little upset with the Rages when CA shot two does with it. We had a hard time finding a lot of blood, they were great shots too. I know they hype up the Rages but I will stick with my NAPs. Like Dave said there is a lot of great broadheads out there.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:40 pm

I use and am happy with muzzy.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:35 pm

This past year was the first I used the 2 blade rage. I like the concept and I found them to tune easily. What I don't like is that the blades bend easy and I have only been able to get 1 kill per broad head unlike a fixed blade.
Back to top Go down
Huntjunkie2010

Huntjunkie2010

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:41 pm

I use two kinds of heads G5 montec and two blade Rages so far so good, Shot placement always of utmost importance, I never think that because they hype up expandables that I can take a marginal shot and hope I will find my deer, or bear........... Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Mrs Volway

Mrs Volway

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:59 pm

We shot Muzzy's for a long time,But Steve was really impressed with the 2 Blade rage so that's all we shoot now,NO problems at all.
Back to top Go down
Stap3s

Stap3s

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:51 pm

i've been shooting muzzys, but with all the hype i think i might give the rages a shot this year, but still going to keep the muzzys close by
Back to top Go down
NiƱo

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:44 pm

I loved my muzzys, but I switched to full metal jacket arrows with 2" vanes that couldn't controll them so I switched to split fires and seen the proof that all three blades deployed just fine.
Back to top Go down
cropdustersteve

cropdustersteve

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 1:11 am

Muzzy or Slick Tricks here. Know a lot of fellas that use Rages, but I haven't ever had a real reason to change it up.
Back to top Go down
grampscreek

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Rage in my book   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:20 pm

I used to shoot Muzzys for years and loved them. Still do. I did try Rage because they look pretty mean. And they are. Here is a pic of the hole it left and it wasn't a small deer. About 225 on the hoof. Also I passed through him from 40 yard with an older Mathews Q2 which I love with 68lb draw. Muzzy  or  Rage 105_0132 Muzzy  or  Rage 105_0121
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:27 pm

Gotta stick with my Muzzy. Nice buck grampscreek
Back to top Go down
grampscreek

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:37 pm

thanks
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 10:15 pm

The Rages do wack a monster hole. All the deer I shot last year were left with gapping holes.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:41 am

I'll be shooting the G5 T3's this fall... Won't have any problems busting through a shoulder bone or ribs with those bad boys.
Back to top Go down
BOWHUNTERCOP

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:43 am

I like both and use both
Back to top Go down
recon33alpha

recon33alpha

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:28 pm

I'm using Rages now, used to use Muzzy's. Have not shot a deer with the rages as of yet. One problem I have with the 2 blades, is they fall loose sometimes and don't stay locked in... Not really a big deal unless you have to make a 2nd shot quick, pulling one out of the quiver that hasn't held, takes time to fix it... Once in the tree, I double check the arrow I have knocked to ensure both blades are secure.
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:21 pm

Any broadhead will do on whitetail. It's the shot placement that is the key. A buddy of mine thought he had one open up mid flight but it turned out that one of the blades opened up when it caught the riser on the draw. All he did was heat up the insert glue and rotated the head. Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Muzzy  or  Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzy or Rage   Muzzy  or  Rage Empty

Back to top Go down

Muzzy or Rage
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next