Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

My first Wall Hanger buck

Go down 
+14
Brandon
oaktree
dkoutdoors
Big Sexy
Tall Tine
TheRomer
oregonzach
Joe
Corey
Dave
Robert
Adam
mibigbuckhunter
Darius
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Darius

Darius

My first Wall Hanger buck Empty
PostSubject: My first Wall Hanger buck   My first Wall Hanger buck EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Some of you have already seen my 2007 buck but I figured I would repost on the new site with a story. It really all started when I came up the last weekend of bow season before gun season opened up in Connersville IN. I still reside in TN so I was just up for the weekend and came up empty handed but got some really good scouting in. I decided to come back the folling weekend and give it another try. I woke up bright and early to my mile hike back to my chosen stand which was in the thickest place you could find in the farm I hunt. I figured the big boys would get pushed in here and I'll get a good crack at one. Well I sit there til after noon only seeing some other hunters across the fence and two small does. Kindly downhearted I started my journey toward the truck but was taking my time on my way out. I spotted a doe in the hay field right out front crossing into an overgrown grassfield. I figured I might as well take it so I didn't come back empty handed and it was alot closer to the truck. Well I tried to cut her off by crossing down in front of her, but I messed up and didn't see the two does bedded straight in front of me. They jumped up and snorted so I downed the biggest of the two and when I shot deer just started pouring out of a wooded valley, which included a nice buck, a tall spike, and several does. I overlooked this area because its right out front and very open. I just figured I would come back the following morning and try my luck. The following morning found me sitting right at the mouth of that valley and sure enough as it rarely ever works, he came leading the pack where I shot him 40 yards while he was standing in the middle of a hayfield. The whole thing could have been seen from the road. Didn't make sense to me at first but sometimes the big boys are where we would least expect them to be.
My first Wall Hanger buck Mybuck
Back to top Go down
mibigbuckhunter

mibigbuckhunter

PostSubject: Re: My first Wall Hanger buck   My first Wall Hanger buck EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:14 pm

Very nice buck. Congrats to you.
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

PostSubject: Re: My first Wall Hanger buck   My first Wall Hanger buck EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:35 pm

Thats a Dandy!
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: My first Wall Hanger buck   My first Wall Hanger buck EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:35 pm

That's a great buck
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: My first Wall Hanger buck   My first Wall Hanger buck EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:55 pm

Great story and buck! Thanks for sharing...
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: My first Wall Hanger buck   My first Wall Hanger buck EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:57 pm

Nice buck
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: My first Wall Hanger buck   My first Wall Hanger buck EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 10:03 pm

Thats a fantastic buck Darius. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: My first Wall Hanger buck   My first Wall Hanger buck EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 10:59 pm

Thats a nice, nice buck! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: My first Wall Hanger buck   My first Wall Hanger buck EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 11:10 pm

Great Buck, Congrats
Back to top Go down
Tall Tine

Tall Tine

PostSubject: Re: My first Wall Hanger buck   My first Wall Hanger buck EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 10:40 am

Very nice! I wouldn't pass on him! COngrats
Back to top Go down
Big Sexy

Big Sexy

PostSubject: Re: My first Wall Hanger buck   My first Wall Hanger buck EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 1:24 pm

great buck and story!
Back to top Go down
dkoutdoors

dkoutdoors

PostSubject: Re: My first Wall Hanger buck   My first Wall Hanger buck EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 10:25 pm

outstanding story and one bruiser of a buck congrats
Back to top Go down
oaktree

oaktree

PostSubject: Re: My first Wall Hanger buck   My first Wall Hanger buck EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 8:06 pm

nice
Back to top Go down
Brandon

Brandon

PostSubject: Re: My first Wall Hanger buck   My first Wall Hanger buck EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 11:05 am

Great buck congrats!
Back to top Go down
whitetail pcs

whitetail pcs

PostSubject: Re: My first Wall Hanger buck   My first Wall Hanger buck EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 5:29 am

Great buck and great story, as well!
Back to top Go down
THE BULL

THE BULL

PostSubject: Re: My first Wall Hanger buck   My first Wall Hanger buck EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 9:43 pm

thats a dandy...now you need to get it a hangin partner this year
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

PostSubject: Re: My first Wall Hanger buck   My first Wall Hanger buck EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 pm

THE BULL wrote:
thats a dandy...now you need to get it a hangin partner this year
The more the merrier cheers
I want to have the "no more wall space" problem.
Back to top Go down
Dream Catcher

Dream Catcher

PostSubject: Re: My first Wall Hanger buck   My first Wall Hanger buck EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 2:16 am

That dude is a pig!!!

Congrats...
Back to top Go down
Rudy

PostSubject: Re: My first Wall Hanger buck   My first Wall Hanger buck EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 12:06 pm

GREAT story!! and a nice Trophy to go with it - Congrats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first Wall Hanger buck   My first Wall Hanger buck Empty

Back to top Go down

My first Wall Hanger buck
Page 1 of 1