Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics

Go down 
+11
oregonzach
Camoed Assassin
JackHammer
mathewsguy
Mark
TheRomer
mitch coleman
Big Sexy
Robert
Dave
hoosiernavy1
15 posters
AuthorMessage
hoosiernavy1

Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics Empty
PostSubject: Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics   Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:14 am

Well have to first start off with my wife and I welcomed our 2nd child into this world, Wade Matthew born last Friday.
Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics 2078882980098920714S500x500Q85

Now fast forward to this weekend, talk about good friends, good times and icing on the cake, deer in the truck.

Saturday, didn't see much, alot of snow, only 2 deer in the evening running like their fur coats were on fire due to a buddies gun miss firing on them :eek:
Sunday, we head out into the winter wonder land and I didn't feel comfortable climbing into the stand that I had been hunting in the 2 hunts prior, talked to the fellas, they suggested that I head to the north in the timber and hunt at a huge fallen burr oak.
I get there get all comfortable and at 805 here comes mrs doe, all alone, and I shoot her at 30 yds.
Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics 2433816280098920714S500x500Q85
Now one of the signs I am getting older haha, I dragged the doe all the way from the woods to the barn lot about 350+yds which was fairly easy but later on the in the afternoon I paid for it, I had done nothing but drink coffee when we got back in the house, and had a monster charlie horse while driving around and checking other areas that my buddie used to hunt, it made me stop my truck and get out and try to remain from crying/and doubled over.
When we got home, I proceeded to drink 2 large things of Gatorade and 2 large glasses of water.

Now there is a reason I have let everyone know about my predicament and gatorade/water intake.
To the evening hunt, with the winds blowing 15mph and gusting 20 plus, we were in the house and slowly getting ready, we all made it out and into the woods around 345pm, and I headed straight back to the fallen down burr oak. As I walked in, seen some fresh doe track right through where I drug my deer out in the morning. Make to the tree, get my turkey sit in place and alittle after it 4 pm it hits, I have to relieve myself, I proceed to relieve myself a total of 3 times between 4pm and 450,
I am kinda cussin in my head the gatorade/water combo but hey at least no charlie horses Very Happy
Well at alittle after five, I catch movement where the doe was that morning, I look, large body, big rack, wider than his ears, and that is all it took, as he took one more step, I touch the trigger. Looked to see which way he went, and watched him leap/stumble over a fallen down and then I couldn't see him.
I had to stop and think to myself, did that really just happen, yes it did, and it only gets more ironic.
I reload and head to where he was standing at the shot, got extremely worried, no blood, look over to my left and a ton of brown hair but HOLY CHIT, his bed,(He and I were only 45 yds away from each other from 345 to the time I shot him) So I start following torn up snow and I get down the trail about 60 yds and just happened to look up and there he was
Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics 2978733610098920714S500x500Q85
Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics 2067638960098920714S500x500Q85
Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics 2800780050098920714S500x500Q85
THE BLAZE ORANGE MOB SQUAD HAHA
Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics 2229028440098920714S500x500Q85
Not sure on his dress weight, will find that out later on today but he has 12 points and mass all the way through, a true trophy in anyones book, but seriously its just icing on the cake for one heck of weekend again with great friends and good times, as one of my buddies said someone had to be looking down on me to have that deer 45yds away for that time and me up relieving myself haha, and shoot him 6 steps out of his bed.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics   Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 11:02 am

Wow! Great buck! Congrats.... Thanks for posting the pics and for the story.

Also a big congrats to you and your wife on the birth of your son!

Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics   Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 11:18 am

Great read and great deer. That buck is a brute
Back to top Go down
Big Sexy

Big Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics   Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 1:28 pm

Congrats man!
Back to top Go down
mitch coleman

PostSubject: Re: Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics   Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:33 pm

congrats great story too.
Back to top Go down
hoosiernavy1

PostSubject: Re: Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics   Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 5:53 pm

Update dressed 208lbs and 21.5 inch inside spread
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics   Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:20 pm

First off Congrats to you and the wife Eric on your new son cheers

That Buck is a stud, congrtas on him and the doe. you did have a great week
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics   Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:25 pm

that is a great week.....Congrats!!!!

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics   Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:37 pm

sounds like a great week congrats
Back to top Go down
JackHammer

JackHammer

PostSubject: Re: Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics   Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 1:16 pm

Wow what a story, loved it thanks for sharing, nice work on the Buck and doe and CONGRATS to the family addition!!
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics   Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 9:14 pm

Congrats on the new baby and a great buck
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics   Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 5:33 pm

Yeah, I'll call that a good week! cheers I think the only thing that could possibly top a buck like that is your son, congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics   Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 9:45 pm

Congrats on the little buckaroo and the big buck.
Back to top Go down
HuntRed79

PostSubject: Re: Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics   Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 6:06 pm

Congrats on a great buck and thanks for sharing a great story.
Back to top Go down
DR

DR

PostSubject: Re: Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics   Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 9:58 am

Great read thanks for sharing. Congrats on the buck and the new edition to the family.
Back to top Go down
fullrut

PostSubject: Re: Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics   Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 11:47 pm

Great job Eric. You definitely deserve it! CONGRATS!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
hoosiernavy1

PostSubject: Re: Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics   Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 10:07 am

Man it seems forever since I have been on here, just wanted to update everyone that I did get my buck offically scored, he ended up grossing out at 174 and netting 167 3/8 non typ.
I can't wait for him to take his rightful place on the wall with a few others, and be able to look at him and remembering that great week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics   Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics Empty

Back to top Go down

Great Week!!!!!! long read and pics
Page 1 of 1