Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property

Go down 
+6
Robert
Bowhunter83
Mark
buckbuster217
30pointbuck
Indiana_buck_buster
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property Empty
PostSubject: Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property   Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 12:39 am

Here is a satellite picture of the new property I will get to hunt this year. The white dots are where i have seen deer in the past week. The orange line is the property boundary. On the north side of the road at the top of the pic the field there is planted in beans. The small triangle field and field south of is on the far right side is planted in corn. About 300 yards to the north of the property is a good sized orchard which has apple, peaches, apricots and a few other fruits. The wind 90% of the time comes out of the west or northwest. Even though this property is only 27 acres it gives me a lot of options to hunt given the wind conditions. This property has not been hunted in 2-3 years and was not hunted much like once or twice. Just south of the southwest pasture is a very thick area which is probably a bedding area. I tracked my doe i shot though this area last year and i had to craw on my hands and knees in certain areas just to get though. On the whole west side of the property it slopes from east to west with the high ground being the east and has a creek running through the bottom then slopes back up. This also is very thick and you cant see 10 yards in front of you while on the ground but has paths running everywhere through it. This is where i found my doe. Im thinking most of the time my stand location will be on the east side of the property in that wooded areas then when the wind isnt right ill post up over looking the creek. The property is pretty close to 430 yards wide by 300 yards wide.
Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property Newlandjune18th
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property   Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 7:53 am

Looks like some awesome hunting property. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property   Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:44 am

Awesome looking property !!! good luck this coming season!!
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property   Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:14 am

Yes it does look like a good piece of property....good luck

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Bowhunter83

Bowhunter83

PostSubject: Re: Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property   Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:54 pm

Nice piece. any idea where you'll be putting stands?
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property   Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:27 pm

I need to do a walk through first
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property   Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 8:25 am

Love the look of that property. Looks like a place you will see deer most ever time
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property   Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:41 am

love the look of this property good luck to you
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property   Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:18 pm

very nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property   Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 7:35 pm

Nice looking ground.
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property   Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:54 pm

Well today I finally did a walk through on some of the property. I mainly walked the area on the south east side. There are deer trails everywhere. I did find one old scrape but no old rubs. I placed a trail camera close to a scrape I made and made a licking branch that I doctored with Smokies Preorbital Scent Gland Lure. I made sure I used rubber gloves and cleaned/sprayed my boot with scent eliminator. While I was putting camera (moultrie m100) up a group of deer came within 20 yards to where I was standing. I could not tell what they all were but they did not know I was there. I'll check my camera in a week and we will see what's moving around the area.
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property   Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:52 pm

Looking forward to seeing some pics you get there.
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property   Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 9:26 am

LawCoBowhunter wrote:
Looking forward to seeing some pics you get there.

X2
Back to top Go down
boneheadz

boneheadz

PostSubject: Re: Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property   Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:35 pm

looks pretty good from here.
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property   Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:14 pm

I am so itching to go get the card but I know I need to give it a week. The anticipation is killing me. I haven't seen very many deer moving lately around here due to the high temps and humidity. I did see a year old sporting a tall 3 point on one side with only a small spike on the other. He was very small he probably is just over a year old. So he has some potential.
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property   Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 10:13 pm

Well I am a little disappointed with the action I got off my camera this past week. I put it on what i though was a heavy traveled path but i was wrong. it looks like im going to be moving it come monday to the west side of the property i did not have time to do it today when i go the card off. I only got a few pictures of deer and one buck from the back. I love this camera it has some range it picked up a squirrell pretty far away.
Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property PICT0013
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property   Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property Empty

Back to top Go down

Satellite Shot Of New Hunting Property
Page 1 of 1